In 1615, the Domaine de la Présidente becomes the property of Monsieur Alexandre de Galliffet who, as a result of his marriage to Lucrèce de Truchaud, receives the role of President of the Provence Parliament.
In 1701, the property became known as “La Présidente” as a tribute to the President’s wife.
At this point the lands were converted into vineyards.
Later Messire Simon Alexandre Jean Marquis de Galliffet happens to be the owner of the property and turns it into a multi-use agricultural property
During the revolution the Marquis preferred to migrate to the United States so his property assets are broken up and sold.
After various acquisitions and resales the property is finally sold to three merchants from Avignon, in the South Rhône Valley.
At this time the estate represents 75 hectares of vines and some hectares of mulberry-trees, saffron crocus flowers and olive trees.
Wine commercialization has significantly grown.
During this period only red and white wines were sent to Aix-en-Provence, Paris and Barcelona, a promising beginning for the future international growth of sales.
Max Aubert and his wife Henriette become the estate owners and give it back its reputation.
From a long line of winemakers, Max Aubert was the Master of the Commanderie of Côtes du Rhône and the founder of the Wine University in Suze la Rousse.
The Aubert family transforms these lands into Côtes-du-Rhône.
On the township of Cairanne, previously a racetrack, lands are converted into a majestic vineyard of 40 hectares.
Châteauneuf-du-Pape is one of the first lands to be recognized by the INAO for its typicality and its quality, and it has been added to the list of the estate vineyards. This amazing parcel of land, planted with around 30% of white grapes, is extending over 20 hectares.
René Aubert, Max Aubert’s son, succeed him after his death in 2001. He seeks to spread his winemaker passion with its philosophy “creating present wines instead of heavy wines”.
The business management is now handled by Céline Aubert, wife of René Aubert, who died in 2008.
The Domaine de la Présidente has grown with the acquisition of 40 hectares of Côtes du Rhône Villages vineyards, now representing a total of 150 hectares of vineyards. A part of the olive grove is from the original planting centuries ago.
The reputation of “La Présidente” wines is spreading over various continents and, in particular, in the following countries: United States of America, Germany, China...
Source : Robert BAILLY